- SPECIALIST DNA SERVICESInnovative services from Cellmark
- HIGH SENSITIVITY DNAA more sensitive form of DNA analysis
- MITOCHONDRIAL DNAUseful for bones, hair and degraded samples
- Y-STR DNA PROFILINGMale specific DNA analysis
- ANIMAL SPECIES TESTINGIdentifying species by mitochondrial sequencing
- COLD CASE REVIEW SERVICEUnlocking the secrets of unsolved crime
- SEXUAL OFFENCE INVESTIGATIONA specialist service that delivers results
Developed by working with some of the UK’s busiest police sexual assault investigation teams.
Cellmark's Sexual Offences Service combines traditional forensic expertise with new and innovative approaches to solving crime. By working with some of the UK’s busiest rape and sexual assault police investigation teams we have developed an approach that combines a rapid, responsive service, with technology innovation that has pushed the boundaries of detection sensitivity.
At Cellmark we specialise in the forensic investigation of rape and sexual assault cases which can be some of the most difficult criminal cases to prosecute. We have developed a specialist service incorporating a number of advanced forensic techniques that have been developed or validated at Cellmark to improve evidence recovery, detection sensitivity and the interpretation of forensic results.
At the core of our analytical approach is Cellmark’s proprietary ‘Sperm Elution’ technique which provides a significant improvement in the recovery of sperm cells from forensic exhibits compared to traditional approaches, and has changed the expectation of recovering sperm, and therefore DNA, from samples taken in the days after intercourse.
Through our experienced lead scientists we provide innovative approaches to strategy evaluation, search and examination of exhibits, presumptive body fluid testing, autosomal and Y-STR DNA analysis, forensic toxicology, as well as providing access to an extensive range of other forensic techniques and services to advance the investigation.
Click the link to download our brochure for an overview of our service.