- ABOUT CELLMARKDelivering high quality laboratory services
- HISTORYCellmark milestones
- ABINGDONOur laboratory in Abingdon, Oxon
- CHORLEYOur laboratory in Chorley, Lancs
- INTERNATIONAL CONSULTANCYSupporting customers worldwide
- CAREERSTop jobs @ Cellmark
- ACCREDITATIONCurrent UKAS accreditations
- LABCORPCellmark is part of the Labcorp group
Cellmark has been delivering high quality laboratory services from its Abingdon facility since 1987.
Cellmark opened its first forensic laboratory at Abingdon in 1987 and the site remains as Cellmark’s UK headquarters where we employ approximately 400 staff.
Over the years, the facility has been expanded and now, at over 6,000m2, is more than five times the original footprint equipped with 33 state-of-the-art cleanroom laboratories with differential pressure regimes and HEPA air filtration for forensic DNA recovery and analysis, as well as 9 GLP laboratories and two containment labs with level 2 and 3 capability.
At Abingdon, we operate a highly automated, rapid, buccal swab DNA profiling service for submission to the National DNA Database as well one of the largest high-volume, crime scene DNA laboratories in the world. In addition, we provide our police customers with a full casework evidence recovery capability, a comprehensive range of analytical and interpretive services across the spectrum of forensic biology and chemistry disciplines, toxicology services, specialist high-sensitivity DNA testing, Gunshot residue recovery and analysis, and crime scene attendance.