- ABOUT CELLMARKDelivering high quality laboratory services
- HISTORYCellmark milestones
- ABINGDONOur laboratory in Abingdon, Oxon
- CHORLEYOur laboratory in Chorley, Lancs
- INTERNATIONAL CONSULTANCYSupporting customers worldwide
- CAREERSTop jobs @ Cellmark
- ACCREDITATIONCurrent UKAS accreditations
- LABCORPCellmark is part of the Labcorp group
Cellmark has been delivering high quality laboratory services from it's Abingdon facility since 1987.
Cellmark opened its first forensic laboratory at Abingdon in 1987 and the site remains as Cellmark’s UK headquarters where we employ approximately 400 staff.
Over the years the facility has been expanded and now, at over 6,000m2 is more than five times the original footprint equipped with 33 state-of-the-art cleanroom laboratories with differential pressure regimes and HEPA air filtration for forensic DNA recovery and analysis, as well as 9 GLP laboratories and two containment labs with level 2 and 3 capability.
At Abingdon we operate a highly automated, rapid, buccal swab DNA profiling service for submission to the National DNA Database as well as what is probably the highest volume, crime scene DNA laboratory in the world. In addition we provide our police customers with a full casework evidence recovery capability, a comprehensive range of analytical and interpretive services across the spectrum of forensic biology and chemistry disciplines, toxicology services, specialist high sensitivity DNA testing, Gun Shot Residue recovery and analysis, and crime scene attendance.