- CASEWORK SERVICESLaboratory services
- BPABlood Pattern Analysis
- COLD CASE REVIEWSThere is no time limit to define a cold case
- FOOTWEARFootwear and footwear marks
- FIRE INVESTIGATIONIdentifying origin, cause and development
- GLASSOne of the most common sample types to be submitted
- GSRGunshot Residue
- PAINTProvides effective, often conclusive evidence
- TEXTILES - FIBRES & DAMAGEAn important & specialised part of forensic casework
- HAIRProvides valuable clues to identity
- TYRE MARKSTyre wear and damage can provide vital evidence
- TOOLS & TOOLMARKSEach tool has a unique microscopic character
- SCENE ATTENDANCEA nationwide service
Cellmark is a leading provider of forensic casework services to police forces in England and Wales.
Cellmark is one of the largest providers of forensic casework services to the police forces in England and Wales. From our state-of-the-art forensic facilities in Oxfordshire and Lancashire, we provide our police customers with a 24/7/365 forensic call-out service to provide expert forensic analysis at crime scenes, and deliver a wide range of laboratory based forensic services.
With a team of more than 400 forensic scientists, DNA analysts and laboratory support staff we offer a comprehensive forensic assessment, evidence recovery, laboratory analysis, and evaluative interpretation service across a spectrum of scientific disciplines. Our forensic casework teams support the investigation of a wide range of volume and major crimes, including rape and sexual offences, assaults and murders.
Comprehensive casework service
• Scene attendance
• Strategy assessment and case management
• Evidence examination, search and recovery
• Body fluid presumptive testing
• Blood pattern analysis
• Chemical enhancement
• Specialist extraction techniques
• DNA profiling
• High sensitivity DNA analysis
• Fibres and hairs
• Glass, paint and particulate analysis
• Toolmarks and damage interpretation
• Fire scenes
• Firearms and ballistics
• Gunshot residue
• Noxious substances
• Document examination
• Enhanced sexual offence service
• Cold case reviews
[Some services are provided through partner organisations]
Cellmark forensic casework scientists provide regular, responsive communication at each stage of an investigation: they will attend police and CPS strategy meetings and provide ongoing advice and expertise to support a developing investigation. Our scientists report their results and findings as interim reports and evidential statements to meet the requirements of investigation and the criminal justice system, and are trained as expert witnesses for the presentation of evidence in court. In complex multidisciplinary cases, a lead scientist will coordinate the forensic work and provide a single point of contact.
Cellmark’s range of specialist forensic services can be accessed on an as and when required basis to provide a second opinion which can lead to case progress.
Click the link to download our brochure for an overview of this service.
Next page: BPA - click to view