- ABOUT CELLMARKDelivering high quality laboratory services
- HISTORYCellmark milestones
- ABINGDONOur laboratory in Abingdon, Oxon
- CHORLEYOur laboratory in Chorley, Lancs
- INTERNATIONAL CONSULTANCYSupporting customers worldwide
- CAREERSTop jobs @ Cellmark
- ACCREDITATIONCurrent UKAS accreditations
- LABCORPCellmark is part of the Labcorp group
Cellmark opened its Chorley laboratory in 2009.
In 2009 Cellmark opened a new forensic laboratory facility in Chorley, Lancashire to accommodate significant increases in work and to enhance the service delivered to our police customers in the North of England. The laboratory was opened by Chris Sims, ACPO Lead for Forensics on 26 March 2009.
Following two subsequent expansions, Cellmark’s 3,000m2 Chorley facility is one of the highest specification forensic laboratories in the world housing two independent cleanroom complexes, 23 separate forensic laboratories (including a containment level 2 lab) and vehicle examination facilities.
With over 100 forensic staff at Chorley we deliver a broad range of casework services and specialise in evidence recovery, forensic biology and chemistry disciplines including fibres and accelerant analysis, DNA reporting and evaluative interpretation, and operate a responsive crime scene attendance service.