- SERVICE OVERVIEWExpertise and experience
- ANTHROPOLOGYHelping to determine the identity of the deceased
- ARCHAEOLOGYThe search, location and recovery of human remains or buried evidence
- ECOLOGYRecovery and analysis of plants, insects and soils from scenes of crime
- DVIDisaster victim identification
- SAMSSearch Assessment & Mapping service
Cellmark has extensive experience of working in DVI cases around the world.
Cellmark has provided support and expertise in numerous DVI incidents, both within the UK and around the world.
Following a mass fatality such as a natural disaster, aeroplane crash or hostile activity during a war there can be a requirement to identify those who have died and/or to reconcile body parts back to specific individuals wherever possible.
Cellmark has extensive experience of working within mortuaries and advising pathologists about the sampling of DNA for DVI purposes. Our laboratory analysis techniques have been tailored to deal effectively with the challenging samples often recovered for DVI, including techniques for the rapid analysis of degraded tissue, bones and teeth. We achieve high levels of success, including analysis on bones dating back more than 50 years.
Click the link to download our brochure for an overview of our service.
Cellmark has been active in the development of international DVI protocols and advising agencies on the collection and storage of DNA samples for DVI purposes. Cellmark is accredited to use a wide range of DNA profiling systems which enables close collaboration with laboratories from other countries.